Adult Sunday School Options
If you plan to attend a class, please click here to sign up so we can estimate class sizes and pick appropriate meeting spaces
"How to Fight Racism"
- Facilitated by the Kingdom Justice Team
- September 19-Nov. 21 (classroom TBD)
- In this 10-part video study by Jemar Tisby, we will learn and discuss tangible ways to be part of the solution to racial injustice in the church and the nation
Disability in the Christian Tradition: Accessible Gospel, Inclusive Worship
- Facilitated by Josiah Huisman
- September 19-October 24 (classroom TBD)
- People have lived with disability since the time of Christ, still today we find ourselves with 1 in 5 Americans living with some kind of disability. We will explore what this means for our lives as followers of Jesus in the Church today. How do we create inclusive and hospitable spaces for all people? We explore theological structures around disability thought and the practical way we live that out in our relationships.
Grace and Truth
- Facilitated by Pastor Josh and Noah Prins
- October 31-December 5 (classroom TBD)
- 5 conversations every Christian should have about faith, sexuality, and gender
- Starting September 19; meeting weekly during the school year in Room 200
- Various facilitators will use the Sunday School Guide to lead the group in an in-depth, classic Bible study.
Exploring Membership: Sunday, October 10
- After worship; includes lunch (meeting space TBD)
- Are you interested in becoming a member of First Church? Join us on Sunday, October 10 to get to know the pastors and learn more about First.
If you would like to use Right Now Media for video Bible studies, small group curriculum, etc., please fill out this form.
Opportunities to Serve
There will be more opportunities to serve in the community throughout the year. Watch the bulletin for new opportunities!
Servant's Church Dinner: Wednesday, September 22
- We are looking for 10-12 volunteers to serve dinner at Servant's Community Church in Grand Rapids. We will be leaving from church at 4:30 pm, and will take the church mini bus.
- Please sign up here if you plan to go.
Community Action House Food Club: Monthly on Saturday mornings starting in November
- First Church will be partnering with Community Action House by volunteering once a month at their new Food Club. Contact Julie Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Prayer Encouragement Team
- First Church will be launching a Prayer Encouragement Team this fall, and anyone is welcome to join! Contact Josiah Huisman (email@example.com) for more information.